25 Jun 2011 No Comments
Doesn’t that look good? I absolutely love the combination of melted cheese with spinach and tomato, so a grilled sandwich seemed like the perfect vehicle for them!
This is a really satisfying sandwich which contains two servings of vegetables and about 400 calories.
How I did it:
- I chopped a tomato, put it on a slice of bread (wholegrain) and then seasoned it with pepper….
- I put three very thin slices of cheddar cheese on top of that…
- I spread about 2 tablespoons of canned spinach onto the cheese…
- I spread a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard on the second slice of bread…
- I put the second slice on top and squashed down hard…
- And I grilled the sandwich for around 5 minutes on my George Foreman grill.
Yum! I served it alongside a cup of fresh green beans:
You could use fresh spinach instead of canned – I had half a can to use up. Also I think that the canned version works well in a sandwich or pasta sauces.
The perfect Saturday lunch!
Something to Chew Over – everyday food, just a little special!
Leave a Reply