28 Oct 2011 4 Comments
How does a super tasty fat-free lemony treat sound? Good? I thought so. Along with a cup of tea, this is a great afternoon pick-me-up which will only take a few minutes to prepare.
So what makes these cake fingers fizzy? The combination of baking soda and lemon juice creates a sherbet-like sensation which any citrus fans will love.
If you don’t have any stevia, simply substitute in half a cup of caster sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Fizzy Lemon Fingers
Makes around 8 fingers. Preparation time 10 minutes plus 20 minutes baking.
- One cup of plain flour (use rice flour to make it gluten free)
- One-quarter of a cup of NuNaturals Stevia MoreFiber Blend
- Teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- One banana, mashed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Teaspoon of NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia
- One egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with oil
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl – flour, stevia powder, lemon zest, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine wet ingredients together in another bowl – mashed banana, lemon juice, liquid stevia and beaten egg.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry until thoroughly combined. The mixture may get a bit frothy but don’t worry, this is where the fizziness comes from!
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and placing on a wire tray.
Have you ever baked with stevia? Do you ever cook without fat?
Something to Chew Over – everyday food, just a little bit special!
4 Responses (+add yours?)
Leave a Reply